After obtaining her LL.B, Emmah worked as a student assistant at Strathmore Law School where she conducted tutorials among other varied tasks. In 2015, Emmah joined Mohammed Muigai Advocates, a leading law firm in Kenya as a pupil, before proceeding to Harvard Law School for her post-graduate studies.
At Harvard Law School, in addition to her studies, Emmah was an advocate of the Harassment/Assault Legal Team (HALT), which monitors whether schools and the Federal Government are adequately fulfilling their obligations under Title IX of Civil Rights Act, 1964.
Currently, Emmah works as a Lecturer at Strathmore Law School, where she instructs the courses: Administrative Law, Civil Procedure and Human Rights Law. Additionally, as the Director of Strathmore Law Clinic, Emmah is tasked with coordinating several projects geared towards providing law students with real-life, practical work experience and training them in the spirit of social justice and public service while providing the desperately needed legal services in underserved communities.
- Female Militancy in Terrorist Groups and the African Union Counter-Terrorism Response(African Peace and Security Journal, forthcoming, 2018)
- Judicial Review and Public Power in Kenya: Revisiting Judicial Response to Select Political Cases (Springer Publishers, 2017)
- Handbook on Civic Education in Kenya (Pauline Publishers, 2015)
- Not All Amnesty Deals Are Made the Same (Foreign Policy Magazine, October 6, 2017) at http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/10/06/not-all-amnesty-deals-are-made-the-same
- The Fission and Fusion in International Use of Force: 48 Case Western Journal of International Law (2015)
- Towards a Better Approach in Protection of Religious Freedom: Introducing the Structural Interdict University of Nairobi Law Journal (2015)
- Enhancing Access to Justice in Kenya: The Imperative of Adopting ADR Alternative Dispute Resolution Journal (2015)
- Framing a Holistic WPS Response to Counter ISIS’ Use of SGBV in Iraq and Syria (London School of Economics WPS Centre, London, May 2017)
- Moot Court Coordinator, Water Justice Moot Court Competition, 2018 (World Water Forum, Brasilia, March 2018)
- The Role of Academia in Fostering China-Africa Arbitral Relations (China-Africa Joint Arbitration Centre Conference, Cape Town, November 2017)