- Year One – Coursework
- Year Two – Research
- Year Three – Research
The applicants should be holders of a Bachelors of Law (LLB) and a Masters of Law (LLM) from institutions recognized by the Academic Council of Strathmore University. All applicants will be subjected to a rigorous selection process. Our selection process is based on a consideration of the apllicant’s reseach topic for LLD, the availability of a suitable supervisor and an evaluation of the concept note. The following documents should be attached to the application form:
- 2 recent passport photos.
- A certified copy of your national ID or passport (bio-data page).
- A signed updated CV in the Europass CV format (https://europa.eu/europass/en)
- 2 duly filled reference forms (herewith attached) from former undergraduate/ graduate professors qualified to attest your qualification for graduate studies.
- Certified copies of your undergraduate and Master’s degree certificates and transcripts of records (or their respective equivalents) showing the full details of the units studied and the grades scored.
- A certified copy of your KCSE certificate or equivalent.
- A copy of your thesis/research work undertaken at Master’s level.
- List of 2 proposed supervisors from accredited institutions in or outside Kenya.
- A concept note of about 2,000 words (approx. 5 pages) on the research idea you would like to write on. The concept note should capture the following indicators:
- Research gap
- Problem statement and Research Questions
- Methodological approach
- Contribution to knowledge
- Proposed references
MODE OF DELIVERY
The LL.D is offered on Modular basis, which involves participants attending classes for two weeks full-time after every quarter, in the first year of study.
In line with the needs of the students as experienced lawyers and legal practitioners, the primary focus of delivery is participant-centered learning. This type of learning is particularly suitable to this audience in that it has its core ingredient in the combined experience of student participants.