Mwangi John Kiragu is a graduate assistant at the Strathmore Law School. He completed his degree at Strathmore Law School where he graduated as the best Male with a Frist Class Honors. Mwangi John Kiragu also serves as Graduate Research Assistant at the Strathmore Tax and Research Center (STRC) and the Strathmore Dispute Resolution Center (SDRC). He currently also serves as a Vis Moot fellow in the Moot Alumni Association (MAA) in the year 2020 to 2021.
He has previously worked at Wamae & Allen Advocates as an intern and also the as Student Research Assistant at Kenyatta University Law School Trade Lab. In his student years, John served in leadership capacity at the Strathmore Law Clinic and also worked as an intern at the Strathmore Extractives and Innovation Center (SEIC). He was also a seasoned mooter representing the School in the 27th Willem Vis Moot Competition, also in the ICRC Moot Competition that run in 2018.
His research current research interests include, International Taxation Law, International Commercial Arbitration Law and Corporate Law & Trends.
- 1st December 2020; Graduated with a first-class Honors and as the best male student in the 2016-2020.
- 29th February 2020; Was part of the Strathmore Team that won the Inaugural East African Willem Vis Pre Moot Competition held at Strathmore Law School.
- 2016-2019; Received three academic awards for being in the Dean’s List from his First year to his Third year.
- July 2018; Won second place in the Annual International Committee of Red Cross Moot Court Competition 2018.
- 23rd February 2018; Won second place at the Strathmore Law Clinic Moot Court Competition 2018 held at Kamiti Prisons.
- 2017 October; received an award from IKM Advocates during the C.B Madam Awards 2017 for being the overall best male Student.