This page seeks to guide you through the application process to ensure you do not find it a daunting, overwhelming task. It assists a great deal to read brochures of programmes of interest thoroughly. A personalised admission process makes a great start for your stay at Strathmore University.
Strathmore Law School’s academic and administrative team are dedicated to provide every student with outstanding legal education to cultivate excellent professional competence. SLS is guided by a commitment to pursue justice and aims to inspire students to be change agents. SLS is the ideal place for the new generation of law students. The SLS student will be exposed to an intensive curriculum, excellent academic staff and guest lecturers, a variety of research centres and a vibrant student life.
The SLS commitment:
- Outstanding quality: Top scholars and qualified practitioners, modern U-shape classrooms with e-facilities, access to the best e-journals, and adequate class sizes (a maximum of 75 students per class) ensure optimised learning and maximum attention for each student.
- Practical learning: Practical training by SLS legal research centres and prestigious law firms collaborating with SLS ensure LLB students are prepared for practice.
- Visiting professors: Top scholars drawn from the most prestigious law schools in the world will impart their knowledge to students.
- Laptop policy: Every LLB student will be given a new laptop upon registration to ensure optimal access to all e-resources and to hone the new e-legal generation.
- Academic trip: SLS will organise and take every LLB student on a guided academic trip to a prestigious university abroad. This academic trip will enhance personal exposure and help develop in each student the universal outlook required from the modern lawyer.
- International language: As part of its LLB curriculum, SLS requires of every student to take a foreign language. Students can choose to study French, German, Japanese, Spanish, or Chinese.
- Numerous elective subjects: A wide array of elective subjects in the LLB curriculum enables specialization and thorough in-depth training.
SLS equips its students with an interdisciplinary approach to learning. Apart from the core law subjects required by the Council of Legal Education, SLS ensures that each student receives an intensive education of not only substantive legal subjects, but also highly needed practical experience, as well as non-legal subjects essential for the cultivation of well-rounded, multi-skilled dynamic modern lawyers who can thrive in their own practice.
- An aggregate of B, with a B in English or Swahili. An aggregate B- might exceptionally be considered.
- PWD: C+, with a B in English or Swahili.
- Persons with grade B or higher in Swahili will be required to have scored at least a B- in English.
- O level 6 Bs, with 1 B in English (not English Literature);
- A level 3 Bs.
- At A level, BBC might exceptionally be considered.
- IB Diploma with 34 points out of 45.
- A Level – 14 points with 3 principal passes and 2 subsidiary passes
- O Level – 8 to 32 points (Division 1 or 2) with 1 or 2 in English.
- Arrive at the University at 8.00am
- Bring three passport size photographs
- The original and a copy of their Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education examination results and of their School Leaving Certificate
- Candidates should bring a copy of their Birth Certificate/National ID card/Passport
- Any other relevant certificates
- Entrance examination fee – Kshs 2000
We aim at training excellent lawyers; critical thinkers who are able to grasp a better understanding of justice. Our curriculum merges core subjects in legal theory and practice with courses on ethics and humanities making the student an agent of change in East Africa and beyond. We are determined to achieve legal excellence in the quest for justice.
Download the Prospectus Here
There are various scholarships available for top and needy students, who have scored an average “A” in the KCSE.
SLS has also identified possible sources of funding for students seeking resources to finance their undergraduate education. The sources can help pay for tuition and fees, books and supplies, and living expenses. Since SLS has limited resources to provide scholarships to the many students who deserve, it tries to assist students get alternative sources of resources to finance their education. Our ideal is that no deserving student should fail to get a place in SLS owing to lack of financial means.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
In line with our mission and strategy the University has entered into partnership with Chase Bank to provide an improved loan facility accessible to all our degrees students both at the undergraduate and post graduate level. For further information, visit the University website.